Polish Connection

Have a question? Call me 58 727 05 55

Monday - Friday 0800 - 1600

Have a question? Call me 58 727 05 55 Monday - Friday 0800 - 1600

Polish Connection / Tax card

Tax card - ordering or changing

The tax deduction card (norw. skattekort) is a document specifying the percentage of advance income tax payment that the employer should transfer to the office of a tax collector. When employed by a Norwegian employer, the tax deduction card is issued by the local tax office. On the other hand, the card is issued by the Norwegian Tax Administration (for foreigners) if someone is employed by a company outside Norway.

Each Norwegian taxpayer is entitled to change his tax deduction card at any time if he wishes to make higher or lower advance income tax payments. Any possible under or overpayments of tax are finally compensated as a result of tax settlement for the entire tax year. The only exception is withholding tax (Norw. Kildeskatt), that is a 25% income tax.

Tax card can be changed or ordered electronically, with MinID codes or by logging in through Buypass or Nets Passport Reader app. However, if this is your first trip to Norway or you have had a minimum 2-year break, you must submit a paper application and attend an identity check at the office.

Failure to have the tax deduction card issued card will result in the deduction of a 50% tax advance payment made by the employer.


Would you like us to order the tax deduction card or to change the existing one on your behalf?
Contact us: office@polishconnection.no

Note! Please do not send the original documents.

Please note that the application prepared in paper form must be signed before being sent to the office.